Wednesday 12 March 2008

Renee

I can't remember if I have talked about my friend Renee before. I'm amazed if I haven't. Her name should be Blessing. When I grow up, I want to be JUST like her. (And if I look even half as elegant and pretty, that will be a bonus.)

She asked our family round to lunch a few weeks after we had arrived in Guernsey. We hadn't even met. Once we did, we all fell in love with her and count ourselves blessed to be her friends. If you can imagine the fruit of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control - all rolled up to perfection in one person: well, that's Renee. Added to that, she has a wicked sense of humour and incredible energy. I just love her.

I've been off school for a couple of days getting over mild flu. Nothing serious, just tired. So Renee pops round. She's cleared out her freezer and popped into Marks and Spencer for fruit and other goodies on the way to our house, bent on making sure I don't wear myself out with cooking. Such kindness. I am completely humbled by her selflessness and thoughtfulness.

But the best thing was her visit, the gift of her time. The real treasure.

No comments: