Sunday 4 April 2010

Oscar and Bob...or should it be Bob and Oscar?

I have been struggling with pride, recently.  Too much of it.  It seems that everywhere I turn, I am reminded that 'God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.' Yet one thing I am proud of. I am proud to know Bob Rasmussen and to be able to count him and his wife Lyn as friends. I am constantly amazed at the wisdom he writes: accessible, economical, cutting straight and TRUE. Truth. Here's the link to his post about Good Friday.

And I am proud to have had the privilege of being a member of Nairobi Chapel, pastored by Oscar Muriu. Recently, he spoke at Urbana, Intervarsity's student conference in the USA in December 2009. I have rarely heard a preacher to equal him for truth and clarity.


I am proud.


PS - a very important PS, a reminder to myself, though I doubt I'll forget: I saw a trailer for The Visitor on Bob's website. It speaks of befriending the stranger, the prisoner...the people Jesus spent time with.  The people I should be spending time with.

No comments: