Sunday 10 June 2012

May I remember May...

May began with a long-awaited event - since May last year, to be precise. New Wine Guernsey.  I always love it - modelled on the week long event in Somerset but held over a weekend. This year, speakers were Greg Haslam from Westminster Chapel and Mark Bailey from Trinity Church, Cheltenham. Both fantastic speakers. The music was excellent but most encouraging was seeing 700 Christians from across the island gathered together to worship. Just a wonderful weekend.
Liberation Day - annniversary of Guernsey's relief from the German Occupation - with friends.
New Wine Training Partnership morning - I have, at the moment, no intention of taking on this rigorous part-time study but the morning of teaching from Chris Pemberton on leadership was thought-provoking and inspiring. And then a lovely afternoon tea with friends from my Ladies Breakfast group...
A full day's course to support my job as PHSE coordinator...much to think about; a wedding in the UK - and then, on my return, I started to think about School Reports. In intentional capital letters.
By the time I had finished, I had written approximately 8500 words.
Hmmm.....

No comments: