Tuesday 16 November 2010

Teaching

The TES (Times Educational Supplement) dropped a newsletter in my inbox this week. One of the updates caught my eye: "You know you're a teacher when..."

Hmmm. Was it the answer: ...your children ask you: 'Is this rubbish or a resource?' or...you scare children in the supermarket just by giving them "the look"....or you tuck chairs in around friends' tables when you visit...or at home, phrases like whoops -a-daisy and 'oh dear' are used instead of swearing when things go wrong... or you expect everyone to be quiet when you speak - even in a pub...you go shopping and spend more time trying to spot kids before they spot you...it shocks you when people use your first name...or even: you say to your husband, 'look at me when I'm talking to you!'.

I don't think having an argument with my class about surfboard length and classification - longboard, shortboard, etc - qualifies, somehow.

No comments: