Tuesday 10 February 2009

Bone weary and I want to go home

9 o'clock in the morning. A free period and so, because I am not actually teaching, weariness has caught me up. It was a frenetic day yesterday - parents' evenings, then out at a women's meeting: by the time I got home at 10.30 I was too tired to get to sleep.

But parents' evenings are always such fun. I really love talking about the children I teach with their parents, as we mull over their strengths and foibles, working out ways to best realise their potential. Last night was no exception, save that I found myself having to wipe tears of laughter away as I listened to the antics and responses in one family. Huge fun.

As for what is happening in school today - Happy Birthday Beechwood! It was 60 years today that you moved into this site on Queen's Road. 2 buildings, fields and astro turf later and you are home to 137 children.

Celebrations today - music, singing and birthday cake!

No comments: