Wednesday 4 March 2009

Just a little thought...

Just a little post - most of my writing is on Words from God for today, a blog I started for Lent on the back of some daily reflections which friends are allowing me to email to them. (That way, I'm accountable to them: I can't let a day slip by without doing SOMETHING!).

Anyway, this little post is to talk about my tadpoles. Hundreds of them, hopefully. They're all at frogspawn stage at the moment, sitting in a glass tank on my desk at school.

Fascinating.

Every morning a small crowd of boys gathers round to examine their progress. We saw one hatch yesterday - a tadpole, I mean, not a boy. It wriggled around until he popped out of his sack of jelly. I guess it was a he?

I can't keep my eyes off the little creatures. I keep peering into the tank, searching out the 'wrigglers'.

The boys think the frogspawn is cute - but not that cute. They also think I'm mad. (Yes, it's true, I've heard the whispers as they watch me gazing at the lumps of wet jelly.)

Never mind.

No comments: