Friday 8 August 2014

Wedding: celebration

The marriage itself was an incredibly rich celebration. Words are so important, so I loved their choice of lyrics in the songs they chose: both the songs we listened to and the songs we all sang together.

Adele came in to Van McCoy's 'Baby I'm Yours' played by Tom Hartley-Booth, with Amy, Josh and Joel Fiddy.

Baby, I'm yours
(baby, I'm yours)
And I'll be yours (yours)
until the stars fall from the sky.
Yours (yours) until the rivers all run dry
In other words, until I die.
Baby, I'm yours
(baby, I'm yours)
And I'll be yours (yours)
until the sun no longer shines,
Yours (yours) until the poets run out of rhyme.
In other words, until the end of time.
I'm gonna stay right here by your side.
Do my best to keep you satisfied
Nothing in the world could drive me away.
Everyday, you'll hear me say
"Baby, I'm yours"
(baby, I'm yours)
And I'll be yours (yours)
until two and two is three.
Yours (yours) until the mountains crumble to the sea
In other words, until eternity...

Drawings by Adele...?

...and drawings by Jonny. What a perfect Scripture to begin married life with.





These songs spoke of how their marriage is so rooted in Jesus: the Word who is Love. Hearts sang with voices.
like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers. Psalm 1:3


Those English Literature studies have their uses...

Jenny, Adam and Josh: absolute singing legends...
Jenny and Adam: sister-in-law, soon-to-be-brother-in-law!


Josh, housemate who 'survived' Jonny for two years...and still loves him!


Mr and Mrs Pollard! Out they went...almost dancing...

No comments: