Tuesday 26 January 2010

Unfortunate thoughts

Sometimes my head starts to play up. Unfortunate thoughts suddenly pop up at the most inappropriate times, forcing a sudden spurt of laughter out of me.

Take this morning.

I'm asking my class how they are, as there seems a lot of sickness and general malaise at the moment, plus a good sprinklilng of 'down in the dumps'.

After hearing about headaches, coughs, colds, rashes, sleeplessness and other ailments, I arrived at the last child. The conversation went like this:

Child: I've got something strange but I don't know what it is.
My head: Insanity?
Child: It's the same thing that my dad has, it affects us both.
My head: definitely insanity then.

I laughed; choked; apologised; and still couldn't help smiling.

Oh dear.

But at least I started the day with a huge smile on my face.

No comments: