Friday 19 February 2010

Chasing Francis: A Pilgrim's Tale-Ian Morgan Cron

I have just started reading Chasing Francis: A Pilgrim's Tale by Ian Morgan Cron.
It is the most amazing book. The kind of book which references ideas - and, in this case, other writers - which make you just want to start reading and studying all about them as well.
In this case, Francis of Assisi.
I feel as if I'm standing on the edge of a cliff. If I step off it, I will be in freefall towards the waters below. My life will become one obsession of desperately reading and finding out more and more. It is scary but incredibly attractive - I WANT to dive into the depths.
I know I don't have time for that. I have a family to care for, a job to do, a house to keep clean and tidy, a course to complete...but maybe, just maybe, I can start with a few tiny steps of reading more here and there.
When I get time.
Focus, Angie. Focus on what is important.

No comments: