Sunday 26 October 2008

Rejoicing

Cappuchinoed out. I've lost count of the number of cappuchino coffees I've drunk this week. Every meeting with friends has been to the song of the frothy coffee. Leisurely mornings at home with my husband have been punctuated by the sound of high pressure steam frothing yet more milk.

It has been wonderful to catch up with friends and meet new ones. It has been a joy to catch up with a girl I prayed for some weeks ago, and to hear how God is marvellously meeting her needs. It has been an inspiration to see the happiness on her face as she recounts, not how her situation has changed (it has, it seems, almost got worse) but how God has protected and supported her in countless ways.

Richard thoughtfully schedules all his leave to coincide with my holidays. Our week together has been punctuated with bike rides, meals with friends and walks with the dogs. Not for me a husband who wants to go off fishing by himself for a week, or to watch football matches. He actually prefers to spend his free time with me. Amazing!

No comments: