Monday 3 December 2007

Calm in the storm

Yesterday was a day to remember - for various reasons.

Richard went to work, battling with the wind to land the plane safely. At one point - when the wind was gusting in hurricane proportions (literally: 68 knots) - he could no longer taxi after landing. The plane had to sit tight on the runway until it was safe to turn across the wind towards the terminal. I was thankful to see him return home safely.

Meanwhile, I had been out in the car, dodging flying branches and enormous puddles. I went to see a dear friend. Life isn't particularly easy for her at the moment, but you would never know. She radiates love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Once I started listing her attributes, I realised I might as well just quote straight from Galatians Chapter 5: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

She is such an inspiration and encouragement to me. She doesn't see herself this way: it's only apparent to others. I just hope I am, at times, just a teeny bit like that. I wish.

No comments: