Saturday 12 December 2015

Kiwi wedding #2 Journeying on:

Last time we travelled to New Zealand, it was on the Middle Earth plane, covered with the ‘Lord of the Rings’ characters. Having watched the All Blacks storm their way to victory in the World Cup, I was beside myself with excitement when I saw our plane waiting for us....

All Black!

Onboard, the entertainment on offer had a new section: Crazy About Rugby. Much of it was written before the outcome of the tournament, but it also included many of the highlights of the matches and quite a few documentaries about the All Blacks themselves. Needless to say, I didn’t watch much else for the whole of the flight...






Arriving at midnight, Daughter was there...on time. (Last time she’d nipped off for a cup of coffee and missed us when we came out quicker than expected.) With a welcome pack of maps: I don’t like going ANYWHERE without a paper version – no reliance on modern technology for me, but as Richard holds the opposite view, pulling up Googlemaps at the click of a mouse’s toenails, we navigate well together.

She also gave us, among other goodies, a large bar of chocolate. Not just any old chocolate: no, this was the All Blacks’ Special Edition. 
 Not that I’m obsessed.

No comments: