Tuesday 22 April 2008

Friendship in the rain

What a day yesterday. We were blessed with rain for hours on end. Everytime I went outside, it was pouring skywater. I cycled to school, dried off my clothes, cycled home, dried off my clothes, cycled out to friends for supper, dried off my clothes, cycled home... by that time it had stopped raining.

Inside, though, there was nothing but warmth. My day was spent learning art techniques of block-making and printing, getting wonderfully messy. It is amazing to learn something new, especially for one whose best efforts at drawing result in stick figures. Yet my 'arty' efforts turned out all right: my fingers seemed to know what to do even though my head was clueless, absolutely devoid of imagination.

The evening was full of fun, laughter, restorative chat, ending in prayer. A washing of my soul which had nothing to do with water and everything to do with encouragement and affirmation.

No comments: