Wednesday 16 April 2008

Quiet quiet quiet

J and C - aka the anklebiters - left to go back to uni on Sunday. (By the way, they used to be called anklebiters when they were still at baby crawling stage. I'm not quite sure why I'm referring to them like that again. Hmm, must think about that.)

There are pluses and minuses to their departure:

On the plus side:

1. The house is clean and relatively tidy. At least, it's only untidy with my untidiness, so that doesn't count.
2. The fridge stays well stocked.
3. The kitchen floor no longer suffers a daily sprinkling of crumbs.
4. There is always hot water when I want it.
5. The cupboards remain full of crockery and the dishwasher doesn't have to work twice a day.
6. I have a spare car to use .

On the minus side:

1. There is no loud singing in the shower. (Yes, that is a minus: not only does Jonny have a beautiful singing voice, he sings songs I like.)
2. Their smiling faces are absent from the dinner table.
3. There is no one to share a girly video with or mess around in the garden.
4. The house is too quiet.
5. The dog is somewhat miserable.
6. Our family is only half complete.

Above all, I just miss them. I'm so thankful for them and the opportunities they have, but I still miss them.

No comments: