Tuesday 20 November 2007

Confession time

Last night I went to a women's get-together from church. We listened to a talk on CD, challenging us that God was giving each of us a task. This task was like a flatpack which needed to be assembled: we had to unpack it and put it to use.

I was supposed to round the talk up with a short reflection and prayer.

I'd listened to most of the talk once, but should have done so again.

So guess who was busy making notes all the way through?

I didn't need to, though. The gist of the talk was easy to understand. So I just rounded off with a little challenge to take the gift and unwrap it, even if we didn't feel up to the task. No excuses: just get started and everything else will follow...

The words from Philippians 4:16 sprang to mind: "...God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

I couldn't remember the context, but looked it up later.

It was all about how the Philippians supported Paul in his work. What a lovely picture: the way the people of God use gifts to help each other. I hope we all do that in our little corner of this world: just think what a difference it would make if everyone did the same?

And isn't it neat when God encourages us like this?

No comments: