Tuesday 27 November 2007

School: parent teacher meetings

Parent teacher meetings last night.

I have one or two challenging characters this year - so equally, one or two of the meetings weren't easy. It's hard working with children sometimes - you know what you long for them to be, and they just refuse the help.

Their egos are more important than anything else. I feel sad for them.

The parents, of course, believe that their child cannot do or say anything wrong - and viciously attack anyone who deems otherwise.

Colleagues have marvelled at my patience.

I don't have much natural patience, actually. But I know I can't do anything BUT act patiently. It's the way Jesus was, and he's my role model. It's almost as if I can't help myself - I'm just hanging in there. It's rather like setting the points on a train track so I keep going the right way - once I've done it, there's less chance of ending up as someone I don't want to be.

So I carry on pouring out energy, praying and hoping for the best for the children I teach.

And I'm grateful for all those parents who told me yesterday how happy their children are. Even, that they're really blossoming.

It does make it all worthwhile.

No comments: