Friday 30 November 2007

School

Friday - I've just got home having stayed four nights - one night to 8.30 pm - out of five this week. Today it was to put Christmas decorations up. Huge fun.

As a staff, we are a little wacky. So the fun today was to see who could put up the tackiest decorations. I think I won, with garlands on all the toilet door handles. We did err slightly in putting up a rather tasteful, natural looking garland all the way up the banisters. No lights - the deputy is planning to sneak in on Sunday and transform it into Santa's grotto. I can't wait.

Guernsey is brilliant at Christmas - so many people go to great lengths to transform their houses and gardens. One wealthy family opens up their estate, charging a minimal fee for charity - a good fundraiser and community event as so many people go. Driving or cycling in the dark can be rather hazardous - I'm so busy looking at everything. And it's wonderful flying in at night, seeing all the lights lit.

No comments: